Ten PYO Students Celebrated at Good Citizen Day at The Union League
300 outstanding young citizens were honored at the Good Citizen Day at The Union League of Philadelphia in May when The Youth Work Foundation of The Union League of Philadelphia celebrated these highly recognized high school juniors. The students were nominated from 50 partner youth-serving organizations from the region. The Philadelphia Youth Orchestra (PYO) was thrilled that 10 of these students are musicians with their organization.
Participation in Good Citizen Day involves an interactive, energetic program that engages students in dialogue and activities starting with the morning session when students work in small groups for fun “ice-breakers,” role-playing and discussion centered on the United States Constitution and the rights and responsibilities of American citizenship. After lunch, the group travels to City Hall. At City Hall, students participate in collaborative programs in the Mayor’s Reception Room, City Council Chambers and the Court Rooms. After the afternoon session at City Hall, students return to the Union League for a reception and banquet.
The PYO students who participated in Good Citizens Day are:
- Camille Donoho - Double Bass - 17 - Bryn Mawr, PA
- Eric Gao - Violin - 16 - Garnet Valley, PA
- Gabriel Gaw - Double Bass - 17 - Egg Harbor Township, NJ
- Rebecca Kim - Violin - 17 - Cherry Hill, NJ
- Noah McAllister - Clarinet - 17 - Collingswood, NJ
- Immanuel Mykyta-Chomsky - Piano - 18 - Philadelphia, PA
- Caleb T. Reed - Violin - 16 - Radnor, PA
- Jason Ren - Violin - 17 - Wynnewood, PA
- Lily Suh - Harp - 17 - Wilmington, DE
- Melody Yu - Violin - 17 - Downingtown, PA
About the Youth Work Foundation of the Union League:
Founded in 1946, the Youth Work Foundation of the Union League is a charitable organization that educates and motivates young people to set high personal standards. It recognizes the achievements of young leaders and inspires them to be responsible citizens. The Foundation is one of three charitable and civic organizations supported by the membership of The Union League of Philadelphia. For more info, visit www.ulheritagecenter.org.