2018-2019 Audition Dates
September 8, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
September 9, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Auditions are open to student string, wind, brass, and percussion players. The Philadelphia Young Musicians Orchestra (PYMO) accepts students ages 10 through 17.
String performers should play 1) their own selection from the solo repertoire, 2) one major and one minor scale in three octaves, détaché, at various tempi and 3) the following required orchestral excerpt.
Wind, Brass, and Percussion performers should play 1) their own selection from the solo repertoire, 2) major scales up to four flats and four sharps, and 3) the following required orchestral excerpts:
- If a flute student plays piccolo, please bring the instrument to the audition, and be prepared to play a scale.
- If an oboe student plays English horn, please bring the instrument to the audition, and be prepared to play a scale.
- Clarinet students must have a B-flat clarinet, and if possible, have access to an A clarinet.
- Horn students should be starting to learn transpositions.
- Trumpet students must have a B-flat trumpet, and if possible, have access to a C trumpet, and should be starting to learn transpositions.
- Percussionists should play timpani, snare drums, and cymbals.
Annual PYMO tuition for the 2018-2018 season is $1,295.00. A non-refundable $495.00 deposit is due at the time an accepted student registers for the PYO organization. Tuition balance is due by the first rehearsal of the concert season.
Financial Aid is available for those accepted students who demonstrate financial need. Applications are available upon request. Please contact the PYO office at email@example.com or 215.545.0502 for more information.