2020-2021 Audition Video Submission Deadlines
May 29, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Third deadline for priority review
September 7, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Final Date to Submit an Audition for 2020-2021
Auditions are open to student string, wind, brass, and percussion players. The Philadelphia Young Musicians Orchestra (PYMO) accepts students ages 11 through 17.
UPDATE May 5, 2020: Video Submission Guidelines for PYO, PYAO, and PYMO have been amended, including an extension for the total time limit for video submissions. Please review the updated document.
String performers should play 1) required scales, 2) their own selection from the solo repertoire, and 3) the following required orchestral excerpts:
NOTE: During the COVID-19 crisis, percussionists may not have access to mallet instruments or timpani. Percussionists are to adapt the audition requirements to the best of their ability with the instruments with which they have access.
- If a flute student plays piccolo, please bring the instrument to the audition, and be prepared to play a scale.
- If an oboe student plays English horn, please bring the instrument to the audition, and be prepared to play a scale.
- Clarinet students must have a B-flat clarinet, and if possible, have access to an A clarinet.
- Horn students should be starting to learn transpositions.
- Trumpet students must have a B-flat trumpet, and if possible, have access to a C trumpet, and should be starting to learn transpositions.
- Percussionists should play timpani, snare drums, and cymbals.
Annual PYMO tuition for the 2020-2021 season is TBD. A non-refundable deposit is due at the time an accepted student registers for the PYO organization. Tuition balance is due by the first rehearsal of the concert season.
Financial Aid is available for those accepted students who demonstrate financial need. Applications are available upon request. Please contact the PYO office at email@example.com or 215.545.0502 for more information.